(PLEASE READ BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION)
Criteria to Apply:
These are required in order to receive funding:
- Must live and work in the South promoting equality, safety, and/or visibility of LGBTQ people.
- Southern Equality Fund grants are intended to support grassroots and new work with annual budgets of less than $50,000; however, if your group’s budget is more than $50,000, please go ahead and apply, explaining why your work is a fit in the application.
- You may not apply for additional funding if you have already received $1,000 from the Southern Equality Fund in the past six months. This restriction does not apply to Rapid Response rounds.
- Although groups are not required to be a 501(c)3 or have a fiscal sponsor in order to apply, we do require that all grantees adhere to 501(c)(3) requirements for funded work.
These are not required, but guide our funding decisions:
- Groups or individuals that face barriers to funding their work.
- Work by and for underserved and marginalized communities.
- Leadership demonstrates commitment to racial, economic and gender justice.
- Work that centers the voices and leadership of Trans and GNC (Gender Non-Conforming) individuals and people of color within the LGBTQ community.
- Projects that respond to immediate and urgent community needs.
- Projects that work toward long-term change.
How do I apply?
Just complete the online application below.
Preparing for the online application:
The first section asks for contact information, the second has only four questions about your project (below), and the last section asks the amount you are requesting and your annual group budget.
For easy reference, below are the four questions about your project:
- Tell us about your group or organization (What is your mission? What are your primary activities? What are your long-term goals?)
- Who is the leadership of your group and who does your work primarily serve within the LGBTQ community? Be specific. (i.e. youth, trans and gender non-conforming, aging, Queer People of Color, rural, MSM, etc.)
- What are you proposing to do and how does your proposed work respond to the funding priorities of the Southern Equality Fund (see above)?
- Describe your basic timeline and budget.
Options to Submit Your Application:
- Submit your application online using the form below;
- Download and mail your paper application to CSE, PO Box 364, Asheville, NC 28802;
- Call 828-771-6009 to schedule a phone call with CSE Staff or Advisory Council member; or
- Submit a video to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 771-6009.
This post is also available in: Spanish