The Southern Equality Fund provides funding and leadership training to groups and individuals across the South that are working to promote equality, safety, and/or visibility of LGBTQ people.
Groups must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a grant:
- Must live and work in the South promoting equality, safety, and/or visibility of LGBTQ people.
- Southern Equality Fund grants are intended to support grassroots and new work with annual budgets of less than $50,000; however, if your group's budget is more than $50,000, please go ahead and apply, explaining why your work is a fit in the application.
- You may not apply for additional funding if you have already received $1,000 from the Southern Equality Fund in the past six months. This restriction does not apply to Rapid Response rounds.
- Groups are not required to be a 501(c)3 or have a fiscal sponsor in order to apply.
- Groups or individuals that lack access to traditional institutional resources.
- Work by and for underserved and marginalized communities.
- Leadership demonstrates committment to racial, economic and gender justice.
- Work that centers the voices and leadership of Trans and GNC (Gender Non-Conforming) individuals and people of color within the LGBTQ community.
- Projects that respond to immediate and urgent community needs;
- Projects that work toward long-term change.
Options to submit your application:
- Submit your application online;
- Mail your paper application to CSE, PO Box 364, Asheville, NC 28802;
- Call 828-771-6009 to schedule a phone call with CSE Staff or Advisory Council member; or;
- Submit a video to email@example.com.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis by the SEF Advisory Council, a group of individuals based in the South who represent the communities the SEF seeks to serve —low-income, transgender, youth, people of color and immigrant populations. Applicants should receive a response to their application within a month of the date of submission, or sooner. If you have any questions or if your request is time sensitive, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 771-6009.
This post is also available in: Spanish